Health Care Coordination
The health care coordination concentration will allow students to combine the knowledge of foundational and advanced concepts of health care coordination with their other concentration. This innovative program will prepare graduates to effectively coordinate resources to optimize health outcomes for individuals and families. Students completing this concentration will have the knowledge to navigate the health care system and assist in the coordination of health care for individuals and families.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- A minimum 9 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
HCR 220 Introduction to Nursing and Health Care Systems, H (3)
HCR 302 Social Determinants of Health (3) (Prerequisite(s): TWC 347 or 362; Corequisite(s): HCR 301)
HCR 221 Foundational Concepts for Health Care Coordination (3) (Pre- or corequisite(s): HCR 210 with C or better; HCR 220 with C or better)
HCR 321 Advanced Concepts for Health Care Coordination (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 320 with C or better)
HCR 420 Professional Role Development: Health Care Coordination (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 320 with C or better; HCR 321 with C or better)
HCR 422 Policy and Financial Principles in Health Care Coordination (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 320 with C or better)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.