The concentration in Romanian provides students with the means to develop their interests in social cultural and political matters that are marked by a strong language dimension.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of upper division (300-400 level) courses for this concentration.
- A minimum 6 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher. No Pass/Fail courses.
- ROM 101 through 201 are not applicable to the concentration.
- Course substitutions are permitted for Heritage speakers and other advanced speakers of Romanian, consult an advisor in the School of International Letters and Cultures for details.
Core 18 Hours Required
ROM 313 Intermediate Composition and Conversation I, G (3) (Prerequisites: ROM 201)
ROM 314 Intermediate Composition and Conversation II, G (3) (Prerequisites: ROM 313 with a D or better)
ROM 411 Advanced Spoken and Written Romanian I, G (3) (Prerequisites: Must have completed ROM 101, 201, 313, 314 with a grade of C or better)
ROM 412 Advanced Spoken and Written Romanian II, G (3) (Prerequisites: Completed ROM 101, 201, 313, 314, & ROM 411 with a grade of C or better)
ROM 499 Individualized Instruction (3)
Any ROM 400 level course. Select in consultation with an advisor.
Interdisciplinary Studies Advising
Arizona Center, Suite 380
Santa Catalina Hall
Urban Systems Engineering