CISA Elective Internship Options
You can earn anywhere from 1-9 hours of elective credit for one specific internship experience, and up to 12 hours of elective credit for internship experiences, by enrolling in and completing some academic assignments while working at an approved internship site. Course assignments will include journal reflections that relate course work to your experience, and the number of credits you can earn depends on the number of hours spent at an approved internship site.
Requisites for 484 course:
- Students are able to use almost any internship to qualify for 484 credit.
- There is no specific list of placements students must choose from to obtain credit, but the internship should relate to your degree in some meaningful way.
- As long as this internship is a new experience that you have begun recently and not something that you have been working on for years as part of a current job, then we are always open to discussing providing elective internship credit for students.
- In order to receive credit, you must be enrolled in an internship course and all hours completed must be completed within the semester dates.
- Other stipulations are that you may not have any relation to your site supervisor, to the organization’s owner, or any other conflict of interest.
- In the event the student needs to enroll into the next semester the student is allowed to be in their internship a certain amount prior to the semester starting, please contact the internship coordinator at email@example.com to see if you qualify
We can offer the following credit hours for hours obtained at an internship site:
|Credit Hours||Total Internship Hours|
|1 credit||45 hours|
|2 credit||90 hours|
|3 credit||135 hours|
|4 credit||180 hours|
|5 credit||225 hours|
|6 credit||270 hours|
|7 credit||315 hours|
|8 credit||360 hours|
|9 credit||405 hours|
|10 credit||450 hours|
|11 credit||495 hours|
|12 credit||540 hours|
|Course Offered||Sessions Available||Credits Offered||Major Requirment|
|ABS 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-6||ABS Majors Only|
|CAP 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||CAP and PSY Majors Only|
|COM 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||COM Majors Only|
|ENG 484||C Session (Fall and Spring)||1-12||ENG Majors Only|
|HST 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-12||HST Majors Only|
|IDS 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-9||IDS Majors Only|
|ISS 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||ISS Majors Only|
|ISS 584||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||ISS Majors Only|
|MAT 484||C Session (Fall and Spring)||1-6||MAT Majors Only|
|MLS 584||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-9||MLS Majors Only|
|OGL 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-3||Any Major|
|OGL 584||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-9||OGL Majors Only|
|PHY 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-6||PHY Majors Only|
|PMG 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-3||PMG Majors Only|
|POS 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||POS Majors Only|
|STS 484||C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||3||STS Majors Only|
|TWC 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-9||TWC Majors Only|
|TWC 584||A, B, and C Session (Fall, Spring, Summer)||1-9||TWC Majors Only|
|VTS 484||A, B, and C Session (Fall and Spring)||3||VTS Majors/Certs Only|
|Fall B 2023 (10/11 – 12/1)||Due September 21st, 2023|
|Spring A 2024 (1/8 – 2/27)||Due December 7th, 2023|
Spring C 2024 (1/8 – 4/26)
|Due December 7th, 2023|
|Spring B 2024 (3/11 – 4/26)||Due February 19th, 2024|
|Summer A 2024 (5/16 – 6/26)||Due April 25th, 2024|
|Summer C 2024 (5/16 – 7/10)||Due April 25th, 2024|
|Summer B 2024 (7/1 – 8/9)||Due June 10th, 2024|
Internship Application Requirements
To apply for your internship, we need ALL four of the following documents:
- A confirmation letter from your site supervisor on official company letterhead or from their company email, including phone contact information, that indicates when the internship will take place and that they understand you will need to complete the required number of hours based on your enrollment request.
- A completed 484 Credit Sheet
- A copy of your resume
- The internship site must also complete the Student Placement Agreement
- Leave the university signee part blank, but your mentor must sign on behalf of the facility.
- For the facility portion, the mentor will write in:
- Facility: name of internship site or company
- Signed: sign their name (legal signature)
- Printed: print their name
- Title: the title they hold at the company or site
- Start date: The start date should be the first day of classes or the day they sign the agreement (whichever the site prefers)
- End date: The end date needs to be the last day of the semester or a later date chosen by the site up to 5 years
Submit your Application
Please scan and email your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions or concerns call 480-965-1970 for assistance.