A concentration in religious studies encourages students to engage in a comparative, cross-cultural exploration of religions and cultures that complements a variety of interdisciplinary concentrations and promotes a deeper understanding of human nature and interaction. Students may pursue the minor in religious studies with regional, national, hemispheric, global and a variety of thematic emphases.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- Students must complete a minimum of 6 upper division hours in courses offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, details are provided on the Transfer Information tab.
- Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor in the School of Historical, Philosophical & Religious Studies in order to create a cohesive and comprehensive program of study.
Core 3 Hours
REL 101 Religion, Culture and Public Life, ((L or HU) & G) (3) (Required)
Electives 15 Hours Required, 12 hours are required to be upper division.
Select in consultation with an advisor.
Any REL 100M
Any REL 200M
Any REL 300
Any REL 400
Interdisciplinary Studies Advising
Arizona Center, Suite 380
Santa Catalina Hall
Urban Systems Engineering
Make an appointment: http://shprs.clas.asu.edu/currentstudents/undergraduate/academic-advising