The concentration in statistics is recommended for students with other concentrations such as physics, business, economics, and in the life and social sciences where the need for quantification in the analysis of phenomena is strong.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum of 6 upper-division hours must be taken in offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- Students may not pair the Statistics concentration with a Mathematics concentration.
Core 9 to 11 Hours Required
MAT 271 Calculus with Analytic Geometry II, MA (4) (Prerequisites: MAT 265 or 270 with C or better; Credit is allowed for only MAT 266 or MAT 271)
MAT 272 Calculus with Analytic Geometry III, MA (4) (Prerequisites: MAT 266 or MAT 271 with C or better. Credit is allowed for only MAT 267 or MAT 272)
MAT 300 Mathematical Structures (3) (Required) (Prerequisites: MAT 210, 251, 265 or 270 with C or better)
Electives 9 Upper Division Hours Required
STP 420 Introductory Applied Statistics, CS (3) (Prerequisites: MAT 210 (or MAT 251, 265 or 270) with C or better)
STP 421 Probability (3) (Prerequisites: MAT 272 or 267 with C or better)
STP 427 Mathematical Statistics (3) (Prerequisites with C or better: ACT 415 or STP 421; STP 281 or 420)
STP 429 Experimental Statistics, CS (3) (Prerequisites: STP 420 with C or better)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.