Sales and Marketing Essentials*
The concentration in sales and marketing essentials offers a set of courses that cover essential marketing knowledge in a wide variety of marketing application domains. While students are required to enroll in two fundamental courses in marketing (Essentials of Marketing and Essentials of Selling), students can then choose four other courses from a larger set (services marketing, business marketing, global marketing, sports business and advertising) to tailor their concentration to their particular interests. While some courses are offered in a face-to-face setting, the entire concentration is offered online for flexibility and convenience. Students may not pair the Sales and Marketing Essentials concentration with the Business or Small Business concentrations.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum of 9 upper division hours must be taken from the W. P. Carey School of Business.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- The upper-division courses specified for the concentration will be restricted to students with 56 earned credit hours, a minimum 2.00 ASU cumulative GPA and course prerequisite requirements met.
- Students may not pair the Sales and Marketing Essentials concentration with the Business concentration.
Required courses 6 hours
MKT 390 Essentials of Marketing (3)
MKT 391 Essentials of Selling (3) (offered spring only)
Elective courses 12 hours required
Choose elective courses from the following:
MKT 392 Essentials of Business Marketing (3)
MKT 395 Essentials of Advertising and Marketing Communication (3)
MKT 396 Essentials of Services Marketing (3)
MKT 397 Essentials of Global Marketing (3)
MKT 398 Essentials of Sports Business (3)
Interdisciplinary Studies Advising
Arizona Center, Suite 380
Santa Catalina Hall
Urban Systems Engineering