The concentration in political science offers students the necessary skills and knowledge to participate effectively as citizens in a democratic political system and to flourish in the rapidly developing globalization of the world's political institutions, cultures and economies. The concentration aims to provide students with the tools and skills necessary to make connections linking theory with real world problems and issues.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum of 6 upper division credit hours must be taken in courses offered through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- No more than 3 hours of POS 484 Internship and 3 hours of POS 499 Individualized Instruction may be applied to the concentration.
- Students may not pair the Political Science concentration with the International Studies OR Civic Education concentrations.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, details are provided on the Transfer Information below.
Core 6 Hours
Select in consultation with an advisor.
POS 110 American Government and Politics, SB (3)M
POS 310 American National Government, SB (3) (Credit allowed for only POL 110, 310, POS 110 or 310)
POS 150 Comparative Government, SB & G (3)M
POS 160 Global Politics, SB & G (3) (Credit allowed for only POL 160, POS 160 or 360 or POL 360)
POS 210 Political Ideologies, SB (3)M
Upper Division Electives
9 to 12 upper division hours required depending upon core courses selected.
Select in consultation with a Political Science advisor.
(NOT FROM POS 110, POS 211, POS 310)
POS 100, 200, 300, or 400 level (12)
Interdisciplinary Studies Advising
Arizona Center, Suite 380
Santa Catalina Hall
Urban Systems Engineering
School of Politics and Global Studies | COOR 6797