Enhance your understanding of the history of art or curatorial practices of museums. The art history concentration is designed for students who are interested in a broad introduction to the study of the history of art. In giving a substantial chronological exposure to the history of art from diverse cultures, the concentration strengthens their academic preparation. Students are able to select courses based on their individual interests.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- A minimum of 12 semester hours of resident credit is required.
- A seminar is strongly recommended for those considering graduate study.
- Students need to be aware of lower-division prerequisites for all upper-division courses.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, see details below.
- Students should consult a Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts academic advisor to ensure that an appropriate set of courses is taken.
Core 6 hours
ARS 101 Art from Prehistory through Middle Ages, HU & H (3)M
ARS 102 Art from Renaissance to Present, HU & H (3)M
Art History Upper Division 12 hours
Any ARS 300 level courses (except ARS 300)
Any ARS 400 level courses
Find your Herberger Lead Advisor at: http://herbergerinstitute.asu.edu/students/undergrad/advising.php
School of Art | Building ART 102