Through the technical communication concentration, students learn how to produce, design and manage information, using both traditional and developing technologies.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of upper division courses for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
Core 6 Hours Required
TWC 301 General Principles of Multimedia Writing, L (3)
TWC 401 Principles of Technical Communication, L (3)
Options 3 Hours
Choose one course from the following:
TWC 411 Principles of Visual Communication, L (3)
TWC 421 Principles of Writing with Technology, L (3)
TWC 431 Principles of Technical Editing, L (3)
Genre or Information Courses 6 Hours
Any TWC 44X level course
Any TWC 45X level course
TWC 443 Proposal Writing (3)
TWC 444 Manual and Instructional Writing (3)
TWC 445 Computer Documentation (3)
TWC 446 Technical and Scientific Reports, L (3)
TWC 451 Copyright and Intellectual Property in the Electronic Age (3)
TWC 452 Information in the Digital Age (3)
TWC 453 Information and Communications Technology in American History (3)
TWC 454 Information Technology and Culture, C (3)
Elective 400 level 3 Hours Required
Select any 400 level course not used above.
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.