The business concentration includes a strong business foundation covering topics that are important to managers such as: accounting, computer information systems, economics, finance, management and marketing.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum of 12 upper division hours must be taken from the W. P. Carey School of Business.
- At least 12 credit hours must be taken at ASU.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- The upper-division courses specified for the concentration will be restricted to students with 56 earned credit hours, a minimum 2.00 ASU cumulative GPA and course prerequisite requirements met.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, details are provided on the Transfer Information tab.
- Students may not pair the Business concentration with the Sales and Marketing concentration.
Required Courses 15 hours
ACC 382 Accounting and Financial Analysis (3) (Prerequisites: must not have previously earned credit in ACC 230, 231, 232, 240, 241, 242, 261, 271 or BUA 381, and min 56 total earned hours)
ECN 212 Microeconomic Principles (3)
FIN 380 Personal Financial Management (3)
MGT 380 Management and Strategy for Non-majors (3)
MKT 390 Essentials of Marketing (3)
Electives 3 Hours Required
Choose elective courses from the following:
CIS 300 Web Design and Development (3)
CIS 394 Special Topics (1-4)
ECN 211 Macroeconomic Principles (3)
FIN 331 Financial Markets and Institutions (3)
MKT 391 Essentials of Selling (3)
MKT 394 Special Topics (1-4)
MKT 395 Essentials of Advertising and Marketing Communication (3)
REA 380 Real Estate Fundamentals (3)M
SCM 301 Supply Chain Management (3)
SCM 394 Special Topics (1-4)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.