The digital audiences concentration is a communication-based program in which students are taught how to identify, find, engage, measure and grow audiences in the digital space via social media platforms and SEO.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- Students must be at the sophomore level (25 credits) in order to take upper-division courses.
- MCO 307 is a required prerequisite for these courses.
Core 18 Hours Required
MCO 307 The Digital Audience (3) (Minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA)
MCO 436 Audience Research and Behavior (3)*
MCO 437 Audience Acquisition and Engagement (3)*
MCO 438 Digital Audience Analysis (3)*
MCO 439 Digital Audience Growth (3) (Prerequisite(s): MCO 307 with C or better; MCO 436 with C or better; MCO 437 with C or better; MCO 438 with C or better; minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA)
MCO 425 Digital Media Literacy (3) (Credit is allowed for only MCO 425 or MCO 494 (Digital Media Literacy))
MCO 435 Social Media (3)
MCO 494 [*TECH*DIG*MED*SOC*] (1-4)
MCO 494 [*DIG*MEDIA*LITERACY II] (1-4)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.