Storytelling, through visual presentation and performance, informs us all in our daily lives. Expand your ability to create your own story. Challenge yourself to explore creativity by building your abilities as an actor, director, educator and designer. This program has a broad range of electives designed to assist you in realizing your dreams.
Students pursuing the theatre concentration will study the literatures, histories and basic production practices of theatre while having opportunities to concentrate in an area such as:
- community engagement
- design and production
- dramatic literature
- new work development
- theatre for youth
- theatre history
- voice and movement
- Students must complete a minimum of 22 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- All prerequisites for the concentration courses must be met (see course listings).
- Maximum of 9 credit hours of transfer coursework can apply to the concentration requirements.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, see details below.
Core - 10 credit hours
THF 101 Acting Introduction (3)
THF 160 Introduction to Storytelling, HU (3)
THF 215 Design and Composition for Theatre and Film, HU (3)
THP 201 Theatre Production Crew (1)
History - 3 credit hours
THE 322 Theatre History and Culture, HU, H (3)
Upper Division Electives - 9 credit hours
THE Upper Division Elective
THF Upper Division Elective
THP Upper Division Elective
FMP Upper Division Elective
Notes: FMP courses must be Theatre-related.
Find your Herberger Lead Advisor at: http://herbergerinstitute.asu.edu/students/undergrad/advising.php