Call for submissions to published volume
Barbara Lafford, Arizona State University
Carmen King de Ramirez, University of Arizona
Announcement of Volume
Language for Specific Purposes: Developing Skills to Serve Domestic and International Communities.
We invite proposals for consideration in the publication of an edited volume containing selected original articles based on presentations given at the joint Third International Symposium on Languages for Specific Purposes (ICISAP)/CIBER Business Language Conference in 2016 at Arizona State University.
The theme of this joint conference was Developing Skills to Serve Domestic and International Communities. This collection of peer-reviewed papers will share timely research and pedagogical practices in languages for specific purposes with scholars across the globe.
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
The deadline for manuscript submissions is July 15, 2016 (noon Arizona time).
- Submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail subject line should be: “SUBMISSION TO ICISAP-AUTHOR’S LAST NAME”. Authors will receive a receipt confirmation within 48 hours of submission.
- Manuscripts must be original (not published in another publication or not under consideration for publication elsewhere).
- Manuscripts should be ready for anonymous review, so all author names and institutions should be removed from the article and included in a separate cover page.
- Manuscripts should comply with Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition Author-Date system. (Chapter 15).
- Writing specifications: Times New Roman font; 12 point font size; double spaced; length: between 6,000 and 7,000 words; abstract: 150-200 words; 5-8 key words; numbered pages.
- Accepted documents: Word documents (no PDFs, please).
- Language: Manuscripts must be written in English.
- Authors may request to retain copyright.
|July 30||Manuscript submission deadline|
|July 30 – Oct. 15||Manuscripts are under review|
|Jan. 15||Feedback and decision notification to authors|
|March 15||Revisions are due to volume editors|
|June 15||Final volume sent to publishing house for review|
|Aug. 15||Publishing house reviewers’ comments sent back|
|Oct. 15||Final revisions due to volume editors|
|Dec. 31||Final ms. sent back to publishing house|
|Fall||Targeted publication date|