The BA program in communication in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts explores how communication processes create, maintain and transform identities, relationships, workplaces and communities. With a dual emphasis on urban communication and technology, it allows for a concerted focus on the rapidly changing modalities of communication occurring today. The program's mission statement is: Through the study and critique of human communication, we generate knowledge, creativity and understanding to facilitate healthy relationships and workplaces, civil and secure communities, and constructive intercultural interaction.
Students must complete a minimum of 12 upper-division credit hours of COM courses offered by the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts.
Integrative Sciences and Arts, College of
A major map outlines the degree’s requirements for graduation.
Application requirementsAll students are required to meet general university admission requirements.
Find and apply for relevant scholarships.
ASU has many financial aid options. Almost everyone, regardless of income, can qualify for some form of financial aid. In fact, more than 70 percent of all ASU students receive some form of financial assistance every year.
Graduates of the communications program often attend other top-tier graduate schools, law schools and business schools, or find gainful employment in careers such as these:
- advertising and promotions managers
- clinical research coordinators
- communications teachers, postsecondary
- correspondence clerks
- customer service representatives
- distance learning coordinators
- education administrators, postsecondary
- labor relations specialists
- legal support workers, all other
- marketing managers
- media and communication workers, all other
- meeting, convention and event planners
- middle school teachers
- paralegals and legal assistants
- postsecondary teachers
- public address system and other announcers
- public relations specialists
- retail salespersons
- sales and related workers
- sales managers
- sales representatives
- secondary school teachers
- survey researchers
- training and development managers
- training and development specialists