Sales and Marketing Essentials*
The concentration in sales and marketing essentials offers a set of courses that cover essential marketing knowledge in a wide variety of marketing application domains. While students are required to enroll in two fundamental courses in marketing (Essentials of Marketing and Essentials of Selling), students can then choose four other courses from a larger set (services marketing, business marketing, global marketing, sports business and advertising) to tailor their concentration to their particular interests. While some courses are offered in a face-to-face setting, the entire concentration is offered online for flexibility and convenience. Students may not pair the Sales and Marketing Essentials concentration with the Business or Small Business concentrations.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum of 9 upper division hours must be taken from the W. P. Carey School of Business.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- The upper-division courses specified for the concentration will be restricted to students with 56 earned credit hours, a minimum 2.00 ASU cumulative GPA and course prerequisite requirements met.
- Students may not pair the Sales and Marketing Essentials concentration with the Business concentration.
Required courses 6 hours
MKT 390 Essentials of Marketing (3)
MKT 391 Essentials of Selling (3) (offered spring only)
Elective courses 12 hours required
Choose elective courses from the following:
MKT 392 Essentials of Business Marketing (3)
MKT 395 Essentials of Advertising and Marketing Communication (3)
MKT 396 Essentials of Services Marketing (3)
MKT 397 Essentials of Global Marketing (3)
MKT 398 Essentials of Sports Business (3)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.