The concentration in Romanian provides students with the means to develop their interests in social cultural and political matters that are marked by a strong language dimension.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of upper division (300-400 level) courses for this concentration.
- A minimum 6 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher. No Pass/Fail courses.
- ROM 101 through 201 are not applicable to the concentration.
- Course substitutions are permitted for Heritage speakers and other advanced speakers of Romanian, consult an advisor in the School of International Letters and Cultures for details.
Core 18 Hours Required
ROM 313 Intermediate Composition and Conversation I, G (3) (Prerequisites: ROM 201)
ROM 314 Intermediate Composition and Conversation II, G (3) (Prerequisites: ROM 313 with a D or better)
ROM 411 Advanced Spoken and Written Romanian I, G (3) (Prerequisites: Must have completed ROM 101, 201, 313, 314 with a grade of C or better)
ROM 412 Advanced Spoken and Written Romanian II, G (3) (Prerequisites: Completed ROM 101, 201, 313, 314, & ROM 411 with a grade of C or better)
ROM 499 Individualized Instruction (3)
Any ROM 400 level course. Select in consultation with an advisor.
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.