The integrative health concentration provides students with the foundational knowledge to approach health from a holistic perspective that focuses on the mind, body and spirit. The concentration will provide an overview of holistic approaches, as well as emphasize research, evidence-based approaches and the legal, ethical, historical and cultural foundations of integrative health care.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- A minimum 9 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Required Courses: (15 credit hours)
HCR 241 Foundations of Integrative Health (3) (Prerequisite(s): ENG 102, 105, or 108 with C or better)
HCR 341 Biological, Manipulative and Body-Based Therapies (3) (Prerequisite(s): any BIO course; any CHM course) (Required)
HCR 342 Mind-Body and Energy Therapies and Modalities (3) (Prerequisite(s): any BIO course; any CHM course) (Required)
HCR 343 Historical and Cultural Foundations of Integrative Health Care (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 340 with C or better) (Required)
HCR 440 Interprofessional Approaches to Integrative Health Care (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 340 with C or better) (Required)
Electives: (3 - 4 credit hours)
BIO or CHM -- Any CHM or BIO course (3-4)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.