Health Care Compliance and Regulations
The health care compliance and regulations concentration allows students to combine the foundational and advanced knowledge required to support regulatory compliance in a health care environment with their second Interdisciplinary Studies concentration. The concentration integrates best practices from business, regulatory, ethics and engineering fields as well as the medical industry to enhance students' focus on regulatory and ethical compliance in the health care industry.
- Students must complete a minimum of 21 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- A minimum 9 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
Core 21 Hours Required
HCR 260 Health Care Industry and Regulation (3)
HCR 261 Health Care Compliance (3)
HCR 263 Introduction to Medical Billing and Compliance (3)
HCR 360 Data Security and Privacy in Health Care Compliance (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 260; HCR 261)
HCR 362 Monitoring and Auditing for Health Care Compliance (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 260; HCR 261)
HCR 460 Investigations and Disclosures in Health Care Compliance (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 362)
HCR 461 Corrective and Preventative Action Plans (3) (Prerequisite(s): HCR 260; HCR 261)
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.