The economics concentration is designed for students planning to seek employment upon completion of their undergraduate studies or for students intending to go on to graduate school or law school.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 of upper division hours for this concentration.
- A minimum 6 upper division hours must be taken in courses offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- ECN 312, 313 are prerequisites for many upper division ECN courses.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, details are provided on the Transfer Information tab.
Math prerequisites required for upper division Economics (ECN) courses:
MAT 211 Mathematics for Business Analysis (3)M (Prerequisites: MAT 210, MAT 251, MAT 265 or MAT 270 with a “C” or better)
MAT 271 Calculus with Analytic Geometry II, MA (4)M (Prerequisites: MAT 265 or MAT 270 with a “C” or better)
Core 6 hours
ECN 211 Macroeconomic Principles, SB (3)
OR ECN 213 Honors Macroeconomics, SB (3)
ECN 212 Microeconomic Principles, SB (3)
OR ECN 214 Honors Microeconomics, SB (3)
Electives 12 Hours Upper Division
Select in consultation with an advisor.
Any ECN 300 or 400 level course
Please note that ECN 312, 313 are prerequisites for many upper division ECN courses.
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.