Film and Media Production*
Students pursuing the film and media production concentration will study the basic production processes of film while exploring its history and contemporary social issues.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours including 12 upper division hours for this concentration.
- Within the required 12 upper division (300-400 level) hours 6 credit hours of electives must be related to film and media production. Choose from courses with the FMP, THF, THP or THE prefix. Contact the school for options and course requirements.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.00) or higher.
- A maximum of 6 hours of transfer work is accepted toward this concentration.
- All prerequisites for the concentration courses must be met.
- *Students considering a minor in theatre concurrently must complete an additional course in theatre or film to make up for the overlapping FMP 201 course.
- M - Course transfer equivalent available from Maricopa County Community College District, details are provided on the Transfer Information tab.
Lower Division 6 Hours Required
FMP 201 Film: The Creative Process I, HU (3)M*
FMP 250 Sex and Violence in Film and TV: Ethics Survey (3)
Upper Division 6 Hours Required
FMP 300 Focus on Film: Film Production for Nonmajors (3)
THE 403 Independent Film, HU (3)
Upper Division Film and Media Production 6 Hours
Select in consultation with an advisor in the School of Theatre and Film.
Any FMP 300 or 400 level course not used above
Any THE 300 or 400 level course not used above
Any THF 300 or 400 level course not used above
Any THP 300 or 400 level course not used above
All Interdisciplinary Studies students are required to complete a 12 credit hour core.
BIS 301, BIS 302 and BIS 402 courses require:
A meeting with your academic advisor to:
Ensure both of your concentration areas have been declared
Are working towards completing (or have completed) 1-2 courses in each declared concentration
- One course meeting general studies MA requirement
- ENG 102 or ENG 105 or ENG 108 or First Year Composition Completed
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
Required Courses (12 credit hours):
BIS 301 Foundations of Interdisciplinary Studies, L (3)
BIS 302 Interdisciplinary Inquiry (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better
BIS 401 Applied Interdisciplinary Studies (3) (requires application)
Prerequisites: BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better; Minimum of two courses completed in each concentration area
BIS 402 Senior Seminar, L (3)
Prerequisite(s): BIS 301 with C or better; BIS 302 with C or better
For important information, additional major requirements, course descriptions, and application deadlines: Interdisciplinary Studies Core Courses
For assistance in selecting your concentration areas of study complete the Interdisciplinary Studies concentration workshop: Interdisciplinary Studies Pre-Advising Workshop
Transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu
- How credits transfer to ASU transfer.asu.edu/credits
- How to transfer to ASU from a Two-Year school transfer.asu.edu/ CommunityColleges
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) transfer students transfer.asu.edu/maricopa
- Courses may fulfill Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or Associate’s degree requirements, consult with your community college academic advisor for details.
- MCCCD course transfer equivalencies are listed here; they may be applied toward this concentration (maximum of six credits or two courses).
- Information listed was current for this catalog year at the time of printing, consult transfer.asu.edu/maricopa for verification.